By: Kiersten Ehr
Recently as an avid social media user, I have questioned whether or not I should spend my time on the social media platforms of SnapChat or Instagram Stories more.
Since I am on social media almost 24/7 I have started to ask my friends and do research on why one platform is better or more popular than the other.
As I interviewed 10 of my friends and co-workers at Texas State University, I found out that more people are using Instagram Stories over SnapChat.
Why People Prefer SnapChat
- More private
- Geo filters
- Location specific filters
- Customized filters
- Content disappears
- Harder for employers to track down SnapChat accounts vs. Instagram Stories
- Easy to use
- Follow celebrities
Why People Prefer Instagram Stories
- Tag specific accounts/friends in post
- Use of Boomerang video
- More people are now on Instagram
- Easy to post on Instagram and use Instagram Stories- two outlets in one
- Live video
- Normal, Live, Boomerang, hands-free options
- Different emojis than SnapChat
- Easier to find celebrities/popular Instagram accounts
- Easy to use color tool, different drawing affects
- Easier to get followers/followers to see content
- Send pictures and videos in a DM
After I analyzed the differences in why people are using one platform over the other I have personally decided to invest my time in using Instagram Stories to enhance my personal brand.